Sunday, February 12, 2012

Them 12: The Wooden Girl

I have a confession to make: I hate puppets. Hand puppets, sock puppets, any kind of puppet. Even before I knew about Them, I hated puppets. Chalk it up to childhood fears or Uncanny Valley or whatever, but puppets haunted my dreams.

And now, of course, I have a great reason for hating them.

The Wooden Girl is a puppet. Sort of. She's a woman made of wood, but not really. Some people say that the wood is only a shell that is the "skin" around a corpse. Which just it creepier.

But that doesn't really matter, because the big thing about the Wooden Girl is this: she can pull your strings. Literally. She has strings (sometimes invisible, sometimes not) that can make you do anything she wants. She can make you dance, she can make you die, she can make you kill.

So, of course, the people she makes do her bidding are called Puppets.

Worse, however, are the ones who don't need her to control their strings. The ones who serve her willingly. They are called Willing Dolls. For some twisted, fucked-up reason, they do what she wants without being completely controlled.

I've also heard some things about some channel called TowerTV, but so far, I've only seen static where it's supposed to be, so I don't really have information about it.

1 comment:

  1. "Some twisted, fucked-up reason"? I'll have you know that this life is very entertaining, thank you very much.

    ReplyDelete